Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Tuesday, 9/15/15: Quiz 1-2, on Powers and Scientific Notation

Students took Quiz 1-2 today in class.  Tonight's homework is p.28 (1-3).  NOTE:  While they have the background skills, students may have difficulty with the problems tonight.  That is why I only picked three.  I want them to "play" with the problems the way one would attempt to solve a puzzle, and see what they can get correct on their own.  We will review this tomorrow in class.  The reason that I am doing this is that students will need to be independent during the standardized testing.  There is growth-value in this assignment.  While I do want students to look at every part of this assignment and work with it, I don't want students to take any more time than about 30 minutes, maximum, on this assignment.   Nor do I want them stressed.  Again, we will look at it in class Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment