Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Wednesday, 8/12/15: Welcome & Course Syllabus

Welcome back, students and parents!  I am looking forward to working closely with you to make this a terrific year!

The purpose of this blog is a simple one:  to let you know what homework was assigned for the day.  It is my practice to put the homework information up every day, hopefully earlier in the day rather than later.  (The latest that I post is around 6:45 p.m., but that could be a possibility if I have extensive meetings after school.)

If homework is in the form of a worksheet, I will try to have a version of it available through the parent portal--however, my work load may not allow it for the day.  The student may have to get the worksheet from me upon his or her return to school, and of course, he or she will get full credit for it--as long as it is turned in in a timely fashion.

If a student is absent, I encourage him or her to check this blog for the homework, or check with a peer!

The homework for tonight is for students to review the course information with their parents.  Parents, you have an optional homework assignment, where you have a chance to tell me all about your child.  I learn great things about my students this way!  See the last page of the course information packet, which should have come home with your student today.

No comments:

Post a Comment